Columbia Dentist: Learn More About Root Canal Therapy
Root Canal Quiz
1. True or False: A chronic toothache may be a warning sign of an infected or abscessed tooth.
2. True or False: Dental abscesses occur when bacteria infect the dental pulp.
3. True or False: Without root canal therapy, your tooth may eventually require extraction.
4. True or False: Your Columbia TN general dentist can restore your tooth following root canal therapy.
1. True. Along with toothaches, many patients with a dental infection report swelling around the tooth, tooth sensitivity, a foul tasting discharge, sharp pain when biting down or chewing, and bad breath.
2. True. When bacteria bypass the outer enamel, tooth decay may begin. Without treatment, the decay will spread until bacteria finally reaches the inner pulp. Your pulp is a bundle of living tissue in the center of the tooth. Pulp maintains the health of your tooth.
3. True. Once infected, the pulp can die, effectively killing the tooth. When this occurs, the tooth will need to be removed to prevent the infection from spreading. With a root canal, Dr. Foster will open the tooth and remove the infected tissue. Then, he will clean and disinfect the root canals.
4. True. After filling the tooth, Dr. Foster will cap it with a custom-made and natural looking dental crown. The crown protects the remaining tooth structure and prevents the risk of further infection.
Schedule an Appointment with Your Columbia TN General Dentist
Do you have any more questions or concerns about root canal therapy? Then talk to your Columbia TN general dentist today. With a root canal procedure, Dr. Foster can return your smile to optimal health and beauty. Dr. Foster offers the latest in general, restorative, and cosmetic dentistry. Schedule an appointment our 38401 dentist office by calling (931) 388-3384. We welcome patients from Columbia, Spring Hill, Mt. Pleasant, Lewisburg, Lewisburg, Hohenwald, Centerville and surrounding communities.